понедельник, 3 сентября 2012 г.

Lighthearted



BOB:  Nice to meet you Leo, and I hope we didn't scare you too much.
LEO:   No, don't worry, it was a lovely evening and I really enjoyed meeting you both.
Nancy,  your potatoes were wonderful.

NANCY:   Well I apologize for our misbehavior. We didn't plan on being so rude!
BOB:   And I can promise you that Emma is nowhere near as crazy as we are. She's just a 
little crazy.
EMMA:  Dad ....
BOB:     I'm sorry about getting so personal. I was way out of line and I apologize sincerely.               You'll understand when you're a father yourself.
LEO:  It's OK, really it was lovely, thanks for inviting me.
EMMA:   Bye.
NANCY:  What a nice boy.
EMMA:    Well ... at least they apologized. But I'm still angry at them. I can't believe them.                     It's not my dad's decision if I get married ... and it's not my mum's decision if I don't get married. The thing is I already decided what I want.
EMMA:   Leo, I just want you to know, I've applied to volunteer abroad but I haven't made                     any decisions yet, I was just seeing what my options were ...
LEO:       Relax .... It's OK.
EMMA:    Leo, I'm so sorry.
LEO:        Your parents, they're quite something, aren't they?
EMMA:    I hope they didn't frighten you away.
LEO:       Well .... they're kind of strange.  But it's not them I want to be with.

We don't make such anice couple, your dad and I.   Besides ....
EMMA:    Me too.