вторник, 12 февраля 2013 г.

Don’t Give a Damn



Don’t Give a Damn

This is a VERY useful and common phrase native English speakers use all the time.
If someone says, “I don’t give a damn” about something, it means, “I don’t care” about something. They are saying it’s not important and it’s not interesting in their opinion. It also means something like, “That doesn’t matter to me at all”.

For example, a strict father could say to his daughter, “I really don’t give a damn if your friend’s parents let you get a tattoo. You are my daughter and I don’t want you to do it”.
Another phrase with the same meaning is “I don’t give a shit…” Even though “shit” is a “bad word” it’s not really very bad when used in this case.
Someone who isn’t interested in sports could say, “I don’t really give a shit about professional basketball”.
Another example sentence is: “I really don’t give a shit what he said, he’s a complete idiot”
So… “I don’t give a shit” and “I don’t give a damn” means “I don’t care AT ALL”. It’s just a very strong and common way of saying “I don’t care”. They are Great phrases!