понедельник, 16 сентября 2013 г.

Some Phrasal Verbs

Phrasal Verb: Get Rid Of
Meaning: To dispose of (like trash) to discard
- I need to get rid of some old books. I think I’ll donate them.
- The company got rid of its time
clock system.



Phrasal Verb: TAKE UP                   Meaning: To begin doing an activity (like a sport or hobby).                       - I took up playing the guitar when I was 9 years old.                                - Jack said he wants to take up golf.
Phrasal Verb: FIGURE OUT
Meaning: To understand something through analysis.
- I finally figured out this math problem.
- Can you figure out what that sign says?
Phrasal Verb: PICK UP                     Meaning: To get or fetch something or someone from somewhere          - I picked up my suites from the cleaners.                                            - We need to pick Jack up at the airport tomorrow.


Комментариев нет: