вторник, 6 мая 2014 г.

At The End Vs. In The End

In the end, Jack moved to Brooklyn. He lives at the end of this street. At the end of the day, I like to relax while listening to some music. I listen to classical music because it’s relaxing. I tried listening to all kinds of music, but in the end,
classical is the best for relaxing.
Bach is my favorite composer because even though a lot of his music is written in a minor key (sad mood), some pieces change to a major Key (happy mood) at the end.
For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you the difference between the two phrases, in the end and at the end. Have a look once more at the paragraph above, and then check today’s lesson.
At the end means the time or point that something ends. The grammar is at the end + of + noun:
  • At the end of the day, I like to relax while listening to some music.
  • At the end of the movie, the hero defeated the bad guys.
  • You can find a nice café at the end of this street.
In the end means finally or lastly. The phrase in the end can come at the beginning or the end of a sentence:
  • We looked in many stores to find a nice sofa. In the end, we bought one at the furniture shop at the mall.
  • I couldn’t decide what to do last weekend and in the end, I just stayed home.
  • Jack was considering which apartment to rend. He decided to move to Brooklyn in the end.

Комментариев нет: