понедельник, 28 июля 2014 г.

Trip, Travel, Journey

Trip (n.)

The act of going to another place (often for a short period of time) and returning.
§  We took a five-day trip to the Amazon.
§  You’re back from vacation! How was your trip?
§  I went on business trips to Switzerland and Germany last month.
Use the verbs “take” and “go on” with trip.
§  A round-trip ticket is a ticket for going and coming back.
§  A one-way ticket is only for going.

Travel (v.)

Going to another place (in general).
§  I really like to travel.
§  He travels frequently for work.
§  My sister is currently traveling through South America.
Travel (n.) can be used to describe the act of traveling in general:
§  Travel in that region of the country is dangerous.
§  World travel gives you a new perspective.

Incorrect uses of travel:

§  How was your travel?
How was your trip?

§  I’m planning a travel to the U.S. next year.
I’m planning to travel to the U.S. next year.
I’m planning a trip to the U.S. next year.

Комментариев нет: