пятница, 17 октября 2014 г.

“Visit” vs “go”

“Visit”  vs  “go” –  confusing vocabulary lesson


Many people like to visit the flatiron building
Visit and go are sometimes confused by English learners. For today’s English lesson, let’s focus on how to use visit, and how it differs from go. Learning this will help your English conversations sound more natural, so check it out!
Here are the example sentences:
Using visit:
·         I visited my aunt last weekend.
·         Fraser visited me on his way back to his hometown.
·         The accounting manager is visiting with the marketing manager this afternoon.
·         Jenny visits with her grandparents every Sunday.
·         The CEO is visiting our office tomorrow.
·         The health department sends inspectors to visit restaurants at least once a year.
·         Many people visit Times Square each day.
·         I’d like to visit Niagara Falls one day.
Using go:
·         I usually go to the coffee shop in the morning.
I want to go to Yankee stadium this weekend.
Visit or go
·         Let’s go to the museum (or) lets visit the museum.
·         I went to Las Vegas last week (or) I visited Las Vegas last week.
Visit as a noun
·         I had a nice visit with grandma last weekend.
·         The CEO said his visit to the factory was productive.
Pay a visit
·         I paid my aunt a visit last weekend.
·         The CEO is paying our office a visit tomorrow.