вторник, 31 марта 2015 г.

Phrasal Verb COME




#1 – come across

= find something by accidentWhen I was cleaning my room, I came across my middle-school diaries.

#2 – come along

= accompany someone when going somewhereWe’re going to get ice cream. Want to come along?

#3 – come back = return

He’s still hoping his ex-girlfriend will come back to him, even after all these years.

#4 – come off= when something becomes separated or unstuck from another thingThe paint is starting to come off the wall in the kitchen.

#5 – Come on!                                                  The phrasal verb come on has multiple uses, but when used as an exclamation, it can be encouragement for someone to do something, or it can mean something like “Stop being ridiculous!”“I don’t want to dance. I’m no good at it; everyone will laugh at me.”Oh, come on! Nobody here cares whether or not you can dance.”

#6 – come out= appear or leave the inside of a placeIt’s cloudy right now, but the sun should come out later.My little brother is hiding under the covers and doesn’t want to come out.

#7 – come over  = come to someone’s houseIf you come over tomorrow after school, I’ll help you with your homework.
#8 – come through  = produce or deliver a resultI thought my favorite basketball team would lose the game, but the offense came through and scored 15 points in the last five minutes.

#9 – come up  = appear.                                    Often used for when a task/responsibility appears unexpectedly, or when a topic appears in a discussion.I’m sorry I missed your birthday party. Something came up at the last minute, and I couldn’t go.I thought someone would mention the policy change, but it didn’t come up during the meeting.
#10 – come up with= create or invent somethingEvery time I ask him to do something, he always comes up with a list of excuses for why he can’t do it.