среда, 25 марта 2015 г.

Find out or Figure out?


Find out and Figure out. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between find out and figure out. These two phrasal verbs in English are similar, but
have different meanings and uses.
Here are the example sentences:

How to use Find Out
·         I found out that my grandfather was a barber.
·         Jane found out her husband was cheating on her when she found the evidence in his jacket pocket.
·         We found out the boss was going to quit at the staff meeting on Monday.

How to use Figure Out
·         After working on my PC for a few hours, I finally figured out why it wasn’t working.
·         My mom can figure out a crossword puzzle very quickly.
The police figured out how the robber was able to bypass the bank’s security