пятница, 28 августа 2015 г.

fault, mistake, and error

For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between fault, mistake, and error. These words are similar, but we use them differently.
Here are the example sentences.
 ·         The boss said that it was Jack’s fault that the customer got angry. Jack put the wrong address on the shipping label.
·         It was Tom’s fault that the car got stolen. He left the doors unlocked, even thought he parked the care on the street.
·         So, fault show’s who is responsible for something bad.
·         75? No, that’s a mistake. We sold at least 100 donuts today.
·         Tommy only made two mistakes on the exam. He got the best score in the class.
·         Excuse me, I think this is a mistake. I ordered chicken, not steak.
·         I asked the teacher to correct my errors.
·         There are a lot of spelling errors in this document.
·         If the doctor makes any errors during the surgery, there could be sever consequences for the patient.
·         We paid this invoice twice in error. It was already paid six months ago.

·         I called my sister in error. I was thinking to call my mom but I misdialed.