воскресенье, 1 января 2017 г.

How to Use "Seem"

There are a few different ways that you can use seem, so I thought I would share them with you today. Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:

·         This restaurant seems good. Why don’t we eat here?
·         Jack seems upset about something. I wonder what happened.
·         You seem tired. Did you have a tough day?
·         This restaurant seems to have a big menu with a lot of choices. Why don’t we eat here?
·         Jack seems to have something on his mind. I wonder what happened.
·         There seems to be enough people in the audience now. Let’s start the show!
·         It seems that this restaurant has a big menu. Why don’t we eat here?
·         It seems that Jack is upset about something. I wonder what happened.
·         It seems that Tom missed the deadline for the bid. I think the boss is going to be really angry.
·         I seem to remember that this restaurant has delicious dessert.
·         Among all of the ideas at the meeting today, Jack’s suggestion seems to be the best one.
·         It would seem that among all of the restaurants, Monte’s on MacDougal Street is the best one.
·         It would seem that Jack is not the best guy to be promoted to manager at this time.
·         I can’t seem to find my wallet this morning. I may have left it I the office.
·         I can’t seem to be able to solve this math problem. Can you help me?

·         I can’t seem to understand what he is trying to say. Can you?