пятница, 14 июля 2017 г.

Tenses Exercise

Fill in the blanks with an appropriate tense form. Choose your answers from the given options.
1. This is the first time I …………………. that song.
a. heard          b. have heard          c. was hearing
2. Sorry, I am late. ……………………… long?
a. Are you waiting          b. Have you been waiting
3. Alice ……………….. ten minutes ago.

a. phoned          b. have phoned          c. had phoned
4. I …………………… there for three months.
a. am working          b. have been working          c. had been waiting
5. I think the baby ………………. enough – I will wake her up.
a. slept          b. has slept          c. is sleeping
6. How long …………………………… English?
a. are you learning          b. have you been learning          c. do you learn
7. The Chinese ……………… paper.
a. invented          b. have invented          c. had invented
8. I …………………. James yet.
a. didn't call          b. haven't called          c. Either could be used here
9. I ………………… two books since morning.
a. read          b. am reading          c. have read          d. had read
10. We ……………………… each other since 1990.
a. know          b. knew          c. have known          d. had known
11. I ……………… the bell several times, but nobody opened the door.
a. rang          b. have rung          c. was ringing
12. …………………. you read the Bible?
a. Have           b. Did           c. Had


Answers

1. This is the first time I have heard that song.
2. Sorry, I am late. Have you been waiting long?
3. Alice phoned ten minutes ago.
4. I have been working there for three months.
5. I think the baby has slept enough – I will wake her up.
6. How long have you been learning English?
7. The Chinese invented paper.
8. I haven’t called / didn’t call James yet.
9. I had read two books since morning.
10. We have known each other since 1990.
11. I rang the bell several times, but nobody opened the door.
12. Have you read the Bible?