четверг, 31 августа 2017 г.

I Wish, I’d Rather, and Had Better

Fill in the blanks with an appropriate verb form.
1. I would rather you ........................... at me.
don't shout;          didn't shout

2. I wish I ........................ work on Saturdays.
don't have to;          didn't have to;          hadn't to

3. You'd better ....................... me my money back.
Give;          gave;          given

4. After the way he behaved at my party, I wish I ......................... him.
didn't invite;          don't invite;          hadn't invited

5. I'd rather ........................... up early on Sundays.
not get;          don't get;          didn't get

6. The program starts at 6 o'clock. You had better ..................... late.
not be;          not to be;          be not

7. I'd rather you ........................... on Tuesday than Monday.
Come;          came;          had come

8. I wish I ............................. to work tomorrow.
don't have;          didn't have;          won't have

9. I wish you …………………. insist on leaving early.
won't;          wouldn't;          hadn't

10. You'd better ........................... him with your crude jokes.
not offend;          to not offend;          not to offend

11. I wish I ........................... get a scholarship.
Can;          could;          should

12. I wish you .............................. leave me alone.
Would;          should;          will


Answers

1. I would rather you didn’t shout at me.
2. I wish I didn’t have to work on Saturdays.
3. You’d better give me my money back.
4. After the way he behaved at my party, I wish I hadn’t invited him.
5. I’d rather not get up early on Sundays.
6. The program starts at 6 o’clock. You had better not be late.
7. I’d rather you came on Tuesday than Monday.
8. I wish I didn’t have to work tomorrow.
9. I wish you wouldn’t insist on leaving early.
10. You’d better not offend him with your crude jokes.
11. I wish I could get a scholarship.
12. I wish you would leave me alone.