четверг, 17 августа 2017 г.

Past or Present Perfect Tense


Fill in the blanks with a suitable tense form.
1. He .................. all his childhood in a quaint village in China.
spent;          has spent;          was spending
2. I ...................... all day yesterday.
have read;          was reading;          have been reading

3. Mozart died while he ..................... the Requiem.
composed;          was composing;          has composed
4. I ................ the cleaning. What shall I do now?
did;          have done;          am doing
5. I .............. in India for ten years when I was a child.
lived;          have lived;          was living
6. I can’t play tomorrow because I .............. my leg.
broke;          have broken;          had broken
7. My puppy ....................
died;          has died;          dies
8. I ............. a lot in Asia and Africa.
traveled;          have traveled;          am traveled
9. Once upon a time there ............... a beautiful princess.
has lived;          have lived;          lived
10. He ................. hard for years.
worked;          was working;          has worked
11. ................. Romeo and Juliet on TV last night?
Did you see;          Were you seeing;          Have you seen
12. My late grandfather ................. a lot for me.
has done;          did;          either could be used here


Answers
1. He spent all his childhood in a quaint village in China.
2. I was reading all day yesterday.
3. Mozart died while he was composing the Requiem.
4. I have done the cleaning. What shall I do now?
5. I lived in India for ten years when I was a child.
6. I can’t play tomorrow because I have broken my leg.
7. My puppy has died.
8. I have traveled a lot in Asia and Africa.
9. Once upon a time there lived a beautiful princess.
10. He has worked hard for years.
11. Did you see Romeo and Juliet on TV last night?
12. My late grandfather did a lot for me.