суббота, 9 сентября 2017 г.

Elder, Older, etc.


Fill in the blanks.
1. My …………….. sister took care of me after the death of our mother.
Oldest          eldest          Either could be used here
2. She is two years …………….. than her husband.
Elder           older           Either could be used here
3. I have two …………….. sisters.
Elder           older           Either could be used here

4. I am the ……………. in my family.
Eldest          oldest          Either could be used here
5. He is the ……………… man in the village.
Eldest          oldest          Either could be used here
6. My ………………. brother is turning sixty next week.
Eldest          oldest          Either could be used here
7. He is the …………………. of the four brothers.
Eldest          oldest          Either could be used here
8. The Cathedral is by far the ………………. building in the town.
Eldest           oldest          Either could be used here
9. I think my grandmother is ………………. than your grandmother.
Elder           older            Either could be used here
10. I think she is a couple of years ……………..
Elder          older            Either could be used here
11. Samuel is the ……………….. member of the club.
Eldest        oldest           Either could be used here
12. I think he is …………….. than me.
Elder         older            Either could be used here


Answers
1. My eldest / oldest sister took care of me after the death of our mother.
2. She is two years older than her husband.
3. I have two elder / older sisters.
4. I am the eldest / oldest in my family.
5. He is the oldest man in the village.
6. My eldest / oldest brother is turning sixty next week.
7. He is the eldest/oldest of the four brothers.
8. The Cathedral is by far the oldest building in the town.
9. I think my grandmother is older than your grandmother.
10. I think she is a couple of years older.
11. Samuel is the oldest member of the club.
12. I think he is older than me.