вторник, 13 февраля 2018 г.

countable and uncountable nouns


Nouns in English can be countable or uncountable. This grammar exercise tests your understanding of countable and uncountable nouns.
Fill in the blanks with anappropriate form of the noun.

1. Could you pass me …………………? I have spilled some juice on the floor.

;           a clothing;          a clothe

2. I must buy ……………………………

;       a clothe;             a piece of clothing

3. The poor man was arrested for stealing …………………….

;           a loaf;

4. How ………………………. money do you earn in a week?

;              many;            Either could be used here

5. A ………………………….. struck the building.

;        piece of lightning;          flash of lightning

6. I have got ………………………… to do.

;           many works

7. I was held up by ………………………..

;          the traffic;          the traffics

8. Politics ………………………. a dirty game.

;            are

9. In my opinion, too much mathematics ………………. taught in schools.

;            are ;            Either could be used here

10. We are all eager to increase our ……………………………

;           knowledges

11. Six people lost their ……………………… in the accident.

;               lives

12. Her ……………………….. very curly.

;            hairs are



Answers


1. Could you pass me a cloth? I have spilled some juice on the floor.
2. I must buy a piece of clothing.
3. The poor man was arrested for stealing a loaf.
4. How much money do you earn in a week?
5. A flash of lightning struck the building.
6. I have got much work to do.
7. I was held up by the traffic.
8. Politics is a dirty game.
9. In my opinion, too much mathematics is taught in schools.
10. We are all eager to increase our knowledge.
11. Six people lost their lives in the accident.
12. Her hair is very curly.