суббота, 15 июня 2019 г.

“Absolutely. I'd love to.”

English Lesson: Absolutely. I'd love to.
A girl in one of your classes is asking you out on a date. You like her a lot, so you want to accept her invitation and you say this.
This is the basic way to accept an invitation to do something. Here's an example:
A: Would you like to join me for dinner?
B: I'd love to.
This phrase is a pretty traditional and slightly formal answer. A more casual (and less serious) answer would be:
Yeah, sure.
Another answer that falls somewhere between "I'd love to" and "Sure" is:
That would be great.
Say "Absolutely" to express that you completely agree with what someone has said.
You can agree with someone's opinion this way.
A: I've always said that you shouldn't hire anyone who you don't feel 100% certain about.
B: Absolutely. I totally agree.
You can also agree to a request:
A: Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?
B: Absolutely.
"Absolutely" sounds even more definite than "yes". You answer "Absolutely" when you're really sure that the answer is "yes".