пятница, 12 июля 2019 г.

I'm pretty strapped for cash myself

English Lesson: I'm pretty strapped for cash myself.
A friend asks if he can borrow some money for a few days until his next paycheck. You don't have much money either, so you say no. "I'm pretty strapped for cash myself."

"Strapped for cash" is a casual way to describe someone who doesn't have much money.

People often use this phrase to explain why they can't do something like go out to a bar or lend a friend money:
I don't think I can go this time. I'm kind of strapped for cash.

I (am something/do something) myself.

Use this expression to say that something is true for you too. For example:
I'm not sure why they charged so much.
B: I'm confused myself.
A: Chili is one of my specialties.
B: Oh yeah? I make a pretty good chili myself.