суббота, 11 апреля 2020 г.

Six Idioms


https://www.myhappyenglish.com/?powerpress_pinw=17181-podcast Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. I hope you guys are staying home and staying safe. Remember, maintaining social distancing is the best way to keep yourself and your family healthy.
For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at 6 commonly used idioms in English. I really love teaching idioms because they make your language more colorful and more natural sounding. Are you ready? Let’s check ‘em out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
  • Kim said that her father was driving her up the wall.
  • My neighbor plays loud music at night. It drives me up the wall.
  • That barking dog in my neighborhood totally drives me up the wall.
  • Kim’s dad hit the ceiling when he heard about her new boyfriend.
  • I hit the ceiling when I found my girlfriend at a café with another guy.
  • The boss is going to hit the ceiling if you keep coming late to work!
  • Kim said her weekend plans went down the drain.
  • Because of the weather, our plan to have a picnic is down the drain.
  • There’s not enough snow in the mountains, so going skiing is totally down the drain.
  • Kim said that her love life is totally on the shelf.
  • The economy is not good, so the company’s plan to open a branch office is on the shelf.
  • I had to use my savings to buy a new car, so my plan to take a vacation is on the shelf.
  • Both Kim and Ted are having problems with their parents about dating. They are in the same boat.
  • You lost your job? My sister did too. You guys are in the same boat.
  • Rich got fired for coming late too much. If you don’t want to be in the same boat as him, you had better start coming to work on time.
  • Ted said that the situation with his mom totally bugs him.
  • Why is the dishwasher making that weird noise? It’s really bugging me.
  • Having to stay home all the time these days bugs me!
  • “This restaurant has the best pizza.” “Yeah! I hear you! It’s awesome!”
  • If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!

Комментариев нет: