суббота, 13 февраля 2021 г.

8 ON Idioms

 

Today, we’re going to look at 8 idioms that use ON. Let’s check them out!

Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.

  • Because Jen is on good terms with her client, they signed a big contract with her. My boss and I are on good terms, even though he’s a little bit strict.
  • Having two puppies at home always keeps me on my toes. Jack’s sister has three kids so she’s always on her toes.
  • I wasn’t able to get to work today on account of the snow. On account of his hard work, his company was very successful.
  • Jack’s company is not doing well because of the economy. On account of that, his job is on the line. Tommy’s grades in the last semester weren’t so good, so now his scholarship is on the line.
  • Jen successfully finished all of her difficult negotiations, so now she’s on easy street. On account of winning the lottery, Jack was on easy street.
  • Jen was on edge during the meeting with her client on account of the fact that she really needed to get that contract signed. I was on edge when I was driving during the snowstorm last week.
  • On account of her success, Jen is on track to become the next sales manager in the company. Tommy has been working really hard in school to keep up his grades, so he is on track to receive a scholarship for next semester.
  • Jen said that she is on the fence about quitting the company. I found a house that I want to buy, but I’m on the fence because it’s a bit too far in the countryside.

Комментариев нет: