среда, 2 января 2013 г.

Going to Roll

If you are “going to roll” it means
that you are going to leave somewhere or go somewhere.
You might be visiting a friend at his or her house and you                           want to leave. In that situation, you can say, “I think I’m going to roll soon”.
That means, I think I’m going to go home soon.
If you are at home and you need to leave the house with some other people, you might say, “let’s roll“.  That means, “let’s go”
For example, imagine you need to get to the airport soon and you are leaving with your wife and kids, you could say, “Come on guys, hurry up. We’ve got to roll.”
Also, if you are planning on going to someone’s house after work, you could say to them, “I finish work at about 6.  I’ll probably roll over to your place right after work.  I guess I’ll get there at about 6:45.”
You could also say, “roll over to the party…” etc.  That means you are telling someone when you will arrive.
Example.  ”What time are you guys thinking about rolling over to Jay’s party?”