пятница, 1 марта 2013 г.

The grass is always greener


The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Meaning: The things other people have or their situations always look better than your own, even when this is not really the case. We always want what we haven’t got!
Examples: 1. My brother is planning to leave his
office job in the city and become a shopkeeper in a small village. I hope he will enjoy the change in lifestyle as much as he thinks he will – I mean, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!
..
2. I am not sure whether or not to move to the mountains in northern Spain. It would be very exciting, but maybe after a while I might find that the grass was greener in London, whereas now it is greener in Spain. It’s a difficult decision to make

Комментариев нет: