среда, 15 мая 2013 г.

reason + for


Hi English Language fans! How’s your week going? 

Today I want to show you how to use for and why with the noun reason.You can use reason + for.What is his reason for being late?


  • Did you tell your teacher your reason for missing class yesterday?
You can also use for + reason
  • I like pizza for two reasons. It’s delicious and reasonable.
  • I asked you to come here for a reason.
You can also use reason + why/that + S + V
  • The reason why he was late was unusual.
  • I heard the reason that she missed class.
In casual English it’s also possible to use reason + S + V (without why or that)
  • The reason he was late was unusual.
  • I heard the reason she missed class.
Now it’s your turn. How about trying to write an original sentence using some of the above patterns