понедельник, 10 июня 2013 г.

Using Feel

He feels soft
Today, I want to help you with the verb that can be tricky to use: feel.  I’d like to show you how we can use this verb in everyday English. There are several grammar patterns using feel, so let’s have a look at them. First, we use feel + adjective to describe mental or physical states:
  • feel hot. Can you please turn on the air conditioner?
  • Jack said he feels sick, so he is going to leave the office early.
  • This pillow feels soft! I love it!
We also use feel + like + noun to describe mental or physical states:
  • I didn’t sleep well last night. I feel like a zombie today.
  • This pillow feels like a brick. I want a softer one.
In a similar way, we can use also use feel + like + subject + verb:
  • I didn’t sleep well last night. I feel like I am a zombie today.
  • This pillow feels like it is a brick. I want a softer one.
It is also possible to use feel + as if & feel + as though with the same meaning:
  • I didn’t sleep well last night. I feel as though I am a zombie today.
  • This pillow feels as if it is a brick. I want a softer one.
We can also use feel like to mean want. After feel like you can use a gerund ornoun:
  • feel like eating ice cream.
  • We were talking about lunch and Jack said he feels like pizza. How about you?
We use feel + noun to talk about a physical perception or the sense of touch:
  • felt something on my leg and it was a spider! Yuck!
  • Jack felt her forehead and realized she has a fever.

Комментариев нет: