четверг, 6 ноября 2014 г.

A blast from the past & remind

Remind is an interesting verb in English and has a few different uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at two different uses for this verb. I am also going to teach you the idiom, a blast from the past.

HERE ARE THE EXAMPLE SENTENCES:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
·         Jack reminded Jenny about the project.
·         Jane always needs to remind her husband about doing his chores.
·         The boss reminded us about our sales target.
·         Jack reminded Jenny that the project is due on Monday.
·         Jane always needs to remind her husband that he should walk the dog.
·         The boss reminded us that our sales target has been revised.
·         Those old toy trains reminded me of my childhood.
·         The man reminded me of my uncle, who also liked old trains.
·         That song reminds me of my high school days.
·         When I saw those old trains, it was a blast from the past.
·         That Beatles song is a blast from the past. I used to listen to them when I was in Jr High School.
·    Talking to my old neighbor from my old neighborhood was a blast from the past.