понедельник, 3 ноября 2014 г.

Be sick vs. Catch a cold vs. Have a cold

 For today’s English lesson, we will look at how we can use these phrases in every day English writing and conversation.
Here are the example sentences:

Be sick (adj)
·         I am sick. Not: I have sick.
·         John is sick today so he is not going to school.
·         I was sick all weekend, but I am feeling better now.

Have a cold (noun)
·         I have a cold.
·         John had a cold last week so he didn’t go to school.
·         I had a cold all weekend, but I am feeling better now.

Catch a cold
·         John caught a cold last week so he didn’t go to school.
·         I caught a cold last weekend, but I am feeling better now.
·         If you go outside with wet hair, you may catch a cold.

Using have:
·         I have a runny nose.
·         I have a headache.
·         I have a sore throat.