понедельник, 7 сентября 2015 г.

using "rather"

For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use the adverb, rather.
Here are the example sentences. 
 Rather than a burger, I think have pizza for lunch.

·         Jim is a bit of a complainer. Rather than solve a problem, he just complains about it.
·         Rather than going jogging, let’s go cycling.
·         I’d rather go see a movie than a musical.
·         Jack said he’d much rather play golf than tennis.
·         Would you rather have coffee or tea?
·         I’d rather not eat there. The last time we went the service was terrible.
·         I’m coming to the party alone. My roommate would rather not go out tonight.
·         Don’t sit over there. I’d rather you sit next to me.
·         I’d rather you don’t smoke in the house.
·         I’d rather you work on the presentation, and I’ll work on the meeting report.
·         Sue said the would rather wear a light colored lipstick than a dark colored one.