вторник, 18 июля 2017 г.

Using "HIT"

Hit is an interesting word in English and as a verb, hit has a number of different meanings and uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out the various ways we can use hit in everyday English. We’ll also look at the idiom, to hit the books. Keep in mind that hit is an irregular verb, so the three parts are hithithit.

Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast.
·         Jack hit the ball with the bat.
·         Why did you hit me with your bag?
·         You should never hit a woman.
·         I hit my knee on the edge of the table. It really hurts.
·         The car hit the fence and destroyed it.
·         Some scientists say that an asteroid hit the earth and that lead to the extinction of dinosaurs.
·         The storm caused a tree to hit my car.
·         Can you hit the lights? It’s getting dark in the room.
·         As soon as I got home I hit the air conditioner.
·         You need to hit both buttons to make hot water come out of the machine.
·         I have to hit the bank after work.
·         I’m kind of hungry. Let’s hit the diner and have lunch.
·         It’s gonna be a nice weekend. Do you want to hit the beach?
·         The temperature hit 40 degrees yesterday.
·         Jack hit his sales target three months in a row.
·         The price of that stock hit $500 this afternoon. All of the investors were happy.
·         While I was driving to work this morning, it hit me that I left the windows open in my house. I hope it doesn’t rain.
·         After months of trying to get a date with Kim, it finally hit Joe that she’s not interested in him.
·         The idea to make this podcast hit me when I realized the various uses of hit!
·         The final exam is next week. We’d better start hitting the books.
·         If you don’t hit the books, you’re not going to pass the test.

·         I missed a few days of school, so I really have to hit the books this weekend.