суббота, 14 октября 2017 г.

The Stork Brings the Baby



In this lesson we'll be watching a scene from the 80s hit show, 'The Cosby Show'. In this episode Dr. Huxtable explains what his job is to his granddaughter.
Now. it's a quiz:

Choose the correct answer


1. "...When the baby is inside of her, then, I go in and _______"
Начало формы
 take it out;     take it back;     put it back in

Конец формы
2. "No you don't, everybody knows that the stork  _________ the baby."
Начало формы
bring;     brings;     brought

Конец формы
3. "The stork brings the baby to the hospital, ________  it in the bassinet."
Начало формы
brings;     sings;     drops

Конец формы
4. Now, ____________________ . You say that the stork carries over, puts the baby in the bassinet, and the mother is real big because she eats a lot of food?
Начало формы
let me see you later;     let me get this straight;     let me tell you later

Check the transcript:

- And this is my office
- What do you do?
- I am a doctor for women.
- What do you do with them?
- I deliver their babies.
- Deliver?
- When the woman has the baby inside of her, then I go in and I take it out.
- No you don't. Everybody knows that the stork brings the baby.
- Who-who told you that?
- My daddy.
- Okay. Well, the stork puts the baby inside of the mother... and then I go in and I take it out.
- Ah aah. The stork brings the baby to the hospital, drops it in the bassinet.
- So you're saying that the baby is not inside the mummy? Then why is it that the mother gets real big?
- Because she eats a lot of food.
- Now let me get this straight. You say that the stork carries over, puts the baby in the bassinet, and the mother is real big because she eats a lot of food?
- You got it!
- I see. Well, then why is it that the mother has to go to the hospital?
- The stork brings the baby to the hospital, drops it in the bassinet. The mummy goes to the hospital and gets it.
- If the stork does all that, why doesn't the stork just bring it to the mummy's house?
- Because it's too far. His wings will get tired.
- Where does the stork get the babies from?
- Heaven.
- Okay. There is a zillion skillion babies in Heaven. How does the stork know what baby goes with what mother?
- They are in a line. You know, like you go to the baker and get a number.
- Why when I put my hand on the mother I can feel things moving all around?
- That's not a baby.
- What is it?
- Gas.
- Well, thank you for explaining it to me.
- You're welcome, but you still didn't tell me what you do.
- I'm in charge of gas.