пятница, 20 октября 2017 г.

Who, Which, Whom, What, Whose, That


Fill in the blanks with an appropriate relative pronoun.
1. ……………… she said made me angry.
That;            What;            Which
2. She has acted in a movie …………….. name I don’t remember.
Which;            what;            whose
3. The only thing ………………. keeps me awake is tea.
That;            what;            which

4. I have got something ………………. belongs to you.
Which;            that;            what
5. She married a nice young guy …………….. was her senior at college.
Who;            whom;            which
6. This is the house ………………
where I was born;          that I was born in;          in which I was born
All of the above
7. It is a story ……………… will captivate readers of all ages.
That;            which;            Either could be used here
8. The proposal ……………… she put forward was quite interesting.
That;            which;            Either could be used here
9. She is somebody ………………. really can’t stand.
I;            that I;            Either could be used here
10. She has married someone ……………. I really admire.
Who;            whom;            Either could be used here
11. What is the name of the tall girl ………………. just walked in?
Who;            that;            Either could be used here
12. Is that your car ……………….. is parked outside?
That;            which;            Either could be used here



Answers

1. What she said made me angry.
2. She has acted in a movie whose name I don’t remember.
3. The only thing that keeps me awake is tea.
4. I have got something that belongs to you.
5. She married a nice young guy who was her senior at college.
6. This is the house that I was born in / where I was born / in which I was born.
7. It is a story that / which will captivate readers of all ages.
8. The proposal which / that she put forward was quite interesting.
9. She is somebody I / that I really can’t stand.
10. She has married someone who / whom I really admire.
11. What is the name of the tall girl who / that just walked in?
12.
Is that your car that / which is parked outside?