воскресенье, 10 марта 2019 г.

Gerunds and Infinitives

Fill in the blanks:


1. I hope you don’t mind …………….. leaving early.


2. We are prevented ………………………….. to him.

 

3. The teacher encouraged us …………………………… harder.

 

4. I am tired ………………………….

 

5. We rejoiced at …………………………. winning.

 

6. We heard of …………………………. having won another trophy.

 

7. He insisted on ………………………. being present at the meeting.

 

8. All depends on ………………………… getting the job.

 

9. We left without …………………………. knowing.

 

10. You are expected ……………………… work at 8 am every morning.

 

11. Why don’t you let me ………………………..?

 

12. I recommend you ……………………….. this coat.



Answers

1. I hope you don’t mind my leaving early.
2. We are prevented from talking to him.
3. The teacher encouraged us to work harder.
4. I am tired of walking.
5. We rejoiced at his winning.
6. We heard of his having won another trophy.
7. He insisted on my being present at the meeting.
8. All depends on his getting the job.
9. We left without anyone’s knowing.
10. You are expected to start work at 8 am every morning.
11. Why don’t you let me speak?
12. I recommend you buy / to buy this coat.