вторник, 12 марта 2019 г.

Sentence Completion

Complete the following sentences
1. He wants to know if he ……………………….. a promotion.
would get
will get
shall get

2. I remarked how lovely …………………………….
was she
she was
Either could be used here
3. If I had any money, I ……………………………. you a gift.
will buy
would buy
would have bought
4. I don’t know how many books ……………………………. written.
she has
has she
Either could be used here
5. She seemed ………………………… about something.
angry
angrily
Either could be used here
6. I spoke to a woman who …………………………. the chairperson.
seemed
seemed to be
seemed as
7. When we were kids we …………………………….. hours watching TV.
will spend
would spend
should spend
8. Everybody …………………………. wear seat belts.
should
would
shall
9. ………………………….. you like some help?
Would
Should
Shall
10. He ……………………….. be here soon. He left office at five.
would
should
shall
11. Applications …………………………. be sent before Friday.
shall
would
should
12. I ………………………. have called him in the morning, but I forgot.
should
would
will




Answers
1. He wants to know if he will get a promotion.
2. I remarked how lovely she was.
3. If I had any money, I would buy you a gift.
4. I don’t know how many books she has written.
5. She seemed angry about something.
6. I spoke to a woman who seemed to be the chairperson.
7. When we were kids we would spend hours watching TV.
8. Everybody should wear seat belts.
9. Would you like some help?
10. He should be here soon. He left office at five.
11. Applications should be sent before Friday.
12. I should have called him in the morning, but I forgot.