• entered my company in 2005.  This sentence isn’t natural in English.  We use enter when we talk about going into a place, like, “Ientered the coffee shop.” Enter can also be used when we talk about starting school:
  • Jack entered graduate school when he was 41 years old.
  • I plan to enter medical school next September.
In a similar way, you can enter a race or competition:
  • entered the New York City marathon last year.
  • Jenny wants to enter the cake baking contest.
And of course everyone is familiar with enter when used in computers:
  • Once a week we enter the data into the accounting program.
  • You need to enter your user name and password to access that page.
When it comes to work, however, we normally use start / begin working instead of enter.
  • started working in my company in 2005. Not, I entered my company…
  • Jerry began working at the bank after he graduated.