суббота, 9 февраля 2013 г.

It takes me back; Reminds Me Of


Today’s trip to the old neighborhood takes him back to his youth!
Do you feel nostalgic sometimes? Do people or things sometimes make you think about think about the past? Have you met someone who looks like or acts like another person you know?
Here are two was you can express these situations in English:
Reminds Me Of
When something makes you think of something else, or a person makes you think of another person you know, you can use this pattern: [someone/something] reminds me of [someone/something]
  • This pasta reminds me of the pasta my grandmother used to make.
  • That song reminds me of my high school days.
  • The new salesman in my company reminds me of my cousin Joe.
  • Seeing the ocean from the hotel window reminds me of how much I love the sea.
Takes Me Back To
When something makes you think of a past time in your life, or gives you nostalgic feelings, you can use this pattern:[someone/something] takes me back to [point in time]
  • This pasta takes me back to my grandmother’s house when I was a child.
  • That song takes me back to the time I was in high school.
  • Jack said seeing that movie takes him back to when he first got married.
  • Seeing the ocean from the hotel window takes me back to my childhood. I used to always go to the beach with my grandfather.