суббота, 9 февраля 2013 г.

look forward to + Ving



She’s looking forward to going to Niagara Falls!

Today, lets look at some common phrases using gerunds (Verb ING)When you are excited about and anticipating a future event, you can use look forward to + gerund.

                          Of course, look forward to + noun is also possible:
  • I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
  • I am looking forward to my vacation.
We also use enjoy, have fun, and have a good/great/nice time + gerund.
  • enjoyed seeing my former colleagues at the party.
  • We had fun going shopping in the new mall last week.
  • Jack said he had a great time traveling in Morocco.
We also use have trouble, have a problem, and have a hard/difficult time+ gerund.
  • had trouble trying to repair my computer by myself.
  • Jenny said she had a problem working with the new boss.
  • had a hard time figuring out the subways in Tokyo.