суббота, 9 февраля 2013 г.

Headache


Ok, I’m sure you guys all know what a “headache” is. It’s when your head hurts.
In this lesson, however, I’d like to explain the DIFFERENT uses of the word “headache” in spoken English. This is a common term used often by native speakers in some slightly different situations.  You already know how to say, “I have a headache“. That is the most common one.
BUT… You can also describe annoying things or people as “headaches“.

For example, you could say, “Editing video for 4 hours is such a headache.
Or… “She’s so annoying. Talking to her is such a headache.
Or… “I don’t want to go to the government office today. It’s such a headache every time I go there and have to deal with all those people.
Or… “Studying English grammar is such a headache. It’s not a very effective way to learn either”
Or… “Let’s just stay home tonight for dinner. The traffic is such a headache at this time.
Ok. Now I think you have the idea. So, in spoken English, a “headache” is not just head pain. It’s also a way of describing an annoying person or a boring, annoying, or frustrating situation.
Instead of only saying “I have a headache”, now you can say, “He is a headache” or “That is a headache”.
Start using the word in this way and native speakers will be very impressed! I promise.
(speak-fluent-english)