вторник, 20 сентября 2016 г.

Job Vocabulary

Quiz: - Job Vocabulary
Question 1  
We threw a big party for my father when he __________ after 35 years in the company.
a) hired an employee   b) laid off    c) retired

Question 2   
"Good news - I __________!"
"Congratulations!"
a) got a raise    b) was fired    c) got demoted

Question 3   
The employee with the best work will ___________.
a) get laid off    b) get a boss    c) get a bonus

Question 4   
A lot of people ________________ during the global financial crisis.
a) got promotions    b) were laid off    c) earned a salary

Question 5   
After six months looking for a job, she was finally ________ by the country's biggest TV station.
a) hired   b) fired    c) retired

Question 6   
I __________ because I didn't like working such long hours.
a) got a raise    b) quit my job    c) fired my colleague

Question 7   
I get along well with all of my __________. They're great to work with.
a) employers    b) colleagues    c) retires

Question 8
You need to get approval from the _________ before signing that contract.
a) resign    b) pay raise    c) supervisor

Bonus quiz: identify the job
Question 1
"I'm responsible for taking care of patients and giving them their medicine."
a) dentist    b) nurse   c) surgeon

Question 2           
"I'm responsible for creating artwork for our company publications."
a)graphic designer    b) editor   c) writer

Question 3  
"I'm responsible for designing buildings and bridges."
a) civil engineer    b) chemical engineer   c) software engineer

Question 4  
"I'm responsible for giving clients legal assistance."
a) guard    b) judge    c) lawyer

Question 5 
"I'm responsible for keeping track of the company's money."
a) telemarketer   b) accountant    c) CEO

Question 6   
"I'm responsible for answering phone calls and welcoming visitors."
a) manager    b) journalist    c) receptionist

Question 7  
"I'm responsible for supervising a department with 20 employees."
a) director   b) president    c) intern

Question 8  
"I'm responsible for preparing food for customers."
a) waiter    b) chef    c) bartender

Question 9
"I'm responsible for selling houses, buildings, and land."
a) real estate agent   b) construction worker    c) janitor

Question 10
"I'm responsible for helping clients resolve emotional problems."
a) scientist    b) doctor    c) psychologist